Tuesday, February 13, 2007

so much MORE

Quotes taken from Bob Sorge's book, "Secrets of the Secret Place"

“Intimacy precedes insight. Passion precedes purpose. First comes the secret place, then comes divine guidance. God doesn’t simply want to get you on the right path, He wants to enjoy you throughout the journey. God’s primary desire for your life is not that you discover His will and walk in it; His primary desire is that you draw near to Him and come to know Him” (pg 32) I want to be one who is a friend of God who knows that I can ask with confidence for His promises reserved for another generation.

“However, the Lord doesn’t want us getting our direction from looking outward but from looking upward. He wants us receiving life direction bye beholding His beauty, enjoying His majesty and splendor, and then being guided by the gaze of His eye . . . Gaze upon His mouth until He speaks to you. Look into His eye until His glance directs the way in which you should walk” (32, Sorge).

Too often I divert my eyes, look down as a slave and ask Him to direct me. It is when I gaze into His beauty, fix my cold, hardened heart before His burning jealous love, allow His love as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8: 6) to consume and seal me, that is when I will LIVE His will; I don’t want to walk a shallow Christian life, bending my body to artificially contrive His commandments, lacking any real conviction to live body, soul and Spirit in violent pursuit of His heart.
My heart in His hands rather than in my own, my heart in His hands…letting Him shape my heart to pulsate with His rather than the rhythm of this world, that’s where true gospel will be preached from the inside out. Let THAT, be the cry of my entire being.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the quotes...tks for the add!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Deep... Intense...