Saturday, January 6, 2007

pretty much amazing

Super big encouragement from my loving Daddy today : ) So I was met with a couple from CASC this morning. I stumbled into their house, half awake and a large part of me still in dire need of a cup of coffee with lots of cream and sugar. As I sat down, the husband begins to share with me how soberly I need to walk into this next part of my life and how this decision is basically a huge turning point for me. Though I was partially conscious, I could still sense what he was trying to say. Let's just say he wasn't too fond of the idea of me staying at IHOP and persuing this lifestyle. My non-chalant demeanor probably did not help the situation one bit.

So I sat there, replaying in my mind the signs and confirmations God has given me the past few months....trying to sound convincing as I relay them to this couple, all the while trying to convince MYSELF that this is where God wants me. But as I began to start questioning my own decision to stay at IHOP and attend FMA (Forerunner Music Academy), I heard His faint voice saying to me, "Sunny trust in me, I will provide." Not long after that, this guy's tone started to change and he actually began to encourage me to go! Later on, he shared with me how he was trying to convince me to not stay at IHOP but then as he prayed, God told him to NOT ONLY encourage me to go, but to instruct me to pursue this journey without reservation! He further shared with me how God has a burden and special calling for this generation, that God's heart is burning to heal and redeem this generation through broken people such as myself.

Before I left their house, the wife handed me a check and told me that they both prayed about the amount and both came up with the exact same number. Not wanting to be rude, I didn't look at the check and dropped it into my purse. As I headed out their house, I asked God to tell me the amount they gave me. Later on in the car I took out the check and it WAS the amount God told me in the house! whoo hoo, God is real and He does provide. Hhahahah sounds obvious, but I love situations like these that God reminds me of His awesome personality and just how faithful He is.

"For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him" Matthew 6:8

No comments: